BALM® 1 Year Family Recovery ProgramAll Access Pass for You & 3 Family Members Book a Free ConsultationDownload Brochure
What Exactly is the BALM® One Year Family Recovery Program?
The BALM® Family Recovery Program is a year-long SOLUTION-ORIENTED family recovery education program. The BALM helps families get their lives back and teaches them how to help their struggling loved ones do so, too. The BALM® method teaches families how to engage their loved ones through evidence-based brief interventions that can encourage loved ones to enter and commit to recovery more quickly. The BALM® method helps families shift away from anxious reactivity to calm responsiveness, bringing a new found serenity to the family environment. This change in family behaviour can also help a loved one avoid or shorten slips and relapses.
What the BALM® One Year Program Offers You:
- 12-month membership for you and up to 3 additional family members
- The 12 Principles of BALM® Family Recovery courses offered live on Zoom and recorded for your convenience
- The 7 Steps to a BALM® conversation courses – lessons in how to have a short nonjudgemental yet impactful communication
- Journal your Way to BALM® Recovery – offered live on Zoom and recorded for your convenience
- Live zoom interviews covering a variety of relevant topics in addiction and recovery
- Recorded Meditations
- Group Coaching Calls
- Over 480+ recordings of all activities so you can opt in to live zoom meetings or watch the recordings at your convenience
- The opportunity to ask questions, have discussions and connect with other members of the BALM® community as you choose.
What you will learn in the BALM® One Year Program
- Why family plays a crucial role in a loved one’s recovery
- What it means and how to “Be A Loving Mirror”
- How to know where your loved one is at in regard to motivation to change and why that matters
- A new self awareness that shifts our traditional beliefs on respect and responsibility
- How to create the space for your loved one to choose change
- Why you need to focus on you and how that will benefit your loved one
- How to let go of judgement and remember who your loved one really is
- The true purpose of boundaries, how to set them and easily follow through
- Why it’s important to not go on this journey alone
- How to heal your relationship to others and yourself
- How to have a short, authentic, non-judgemental, loving and deeply powerful conversation
- The intrinsic power and importance of peace to the quality of all of our relationships in life
How Can The BALM® Family Program Help You?
The BALM® Program welcomes the opportunity to educate families, so they can become true partners in helping the treatment centre turn the tide from chaos to recovery in their family.
Families who go through The BALM® Program often find they are able to get their own lives back, able to contribute consistently to their loved one’s recovery, able to powerfully partner with their loved one’s treatment providers, thus serving as true advocates of their loved one’s recovery.
The BALM® method teaches families how to engage their loved ones in evidence based brief interventions that can encourage loved ones to enter and commit to recovery more quickly. Long term changes in family behavior can also help a loved one avert or shorten slips and relapses.
Who Do We Serve?
The families of people with Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and other Use Disorders individually or through the treatment professionals working with them and/or their loved ones.
What Do We Do?
We provide the one-year BALM® Family Recovery Program using the Be A Loving Mirror (BALM®) Method of Family Recovery. This Powerful Educational Program includes instruction and practice in the “Be A Loving Mirror” method, which increases the family member’s inner peace and allows for improved communication that often leads a loved one to choose recovery.
The research shows that when the family gets help, the struggling loved one has a much greater chance of attaining and maintaining recovery. Yet, many families stay in denial and keep enabling, becoming a thorn in the side of their loved one’s recovery professionals rather than the true partners and advocates they could be.
What Is Included?
This comprehensive program is delivered through one full year of full online access to the Family Recovery Academy Community for a Family of four.
• Twice Weekly LIVE Zoom Video online interviews with experts in addiction/recovery, recovering family members, or recovering individuals.
• Weekly lessons focused on one of the 12 Principles (Day and Night Classes)
• 24/7 access to over 400 hours of recorded lessons and interviews with experts, family members and people in recovery
• Almost 400 handouts, 1 Workbook, Blogs and Weekly Newsletter.
• Intimate 8-week “7 Steps to BALM®” Course held LIVE on Zoom Video conferencing, empowers family members to achieve inner peace and develop powerful communication skills with their loved ones. (Day and Night Classes)
• You may take classes as many times as you like over the course of the year.
• A buddy to practice the 7 steps with in between classes
• Twice weekly, LIVE Zoom conferencing, coaching/support group (Day & Night times)
• Weekly Journal Your Way to BALM® Recovery Workshop LIVE on Zoom
• Weekly BALM® Meditation on the 12 Principles – One Principle per week
• Complimentary coaching session with a BALM® coach
• Weekly Call List & News Letter eMailed
Why Sign Up for the BALM® One Year Family Recovery Program?
This is one of the best things you can do to support yourself, your family and your child – focus on yourself… You will gain the opportunity to connect with others, have the opportunity to share and to be coached, join in a variety of classes as you wish, live and recorded to suit your schedule and you will gain an awareness that will change how you communicate with everyone in your life. While you may not agree with everything the BALM® teaches, you will become very clear on what makes sense for you and your family. There is a lot of information available to you in the BALM® platform and you can take what you want and leave the rest. Having the connection with a community of people with shared experience and goals is invaluable. It is truly a transformational experience and you will learn as much about yourself as you will about your loved ones.
You will be empowered with a new awareness that infuses confidence and intention into your life and can re-establish authentic connection with your struggling child. You can establish peace in yourself, your family and home while becoming your loved one’s best chance at recovery.
Having a child who struggles with addiction is one of the most challenging and lonely journeys a parent can experience, and yet you are not alone. So many families needlessly suffer in silence. Do not take this journey alone. You will have the opportunity to create deep friendships and have a safe haven where you can feel free to talk about your concerns and share and exchange within the community.
Having graduated from the BALM® Family Recovery certification program, I can tell you that there are few such programs being offered in the world. They say “it takes a village” and this can be your village.
If you have questions or would like to speak with a live person, please call us at 1.888.898.1220 or click the schedule button to reserve a complimentary zoom consultation. We’d love to talk with you about the tremendous benefits you’ll experience in The BALM® One Year Family Recovery Program. There’s nothing else like it anywhere!
The BALM® One Year Family Recovery Program.
For you and 3 additional family members.
Book a 30 minute complimentary consultation to explore if
the one year program is the right choice for you and your family.
Do you have questions or comments? We'd like to hear from you!
Toll Free: +1.888.231.2031
in USA & Canada
Download eBusiness Card
“The opposite of addiction isn't sobriety. It's connection.” ~ Johann Hari